Cookies, Privacy and Acceptable Use Policy
What are cookies?
What are cookies used for?
- For marketing purposes for example, to display personalised banner
- To identify you as you travel around our site and to monitor your journey and record sales. This enables us to identify issues and improve our customer journey.
- To provide site usage information, which together with purchase information, will further help us improve and develop the products and services we offer.
- To ensure that items are placed into your Shopping Basket and your order is processed correctly. For marketing purposes for example, to display personalised banners.
- You may change your website browser settings to reject cookies. To learn how to disable cookies or opt out of their usage please visit www.aboutcookies.org. Please note, however, that some cookies are essential in order to shop on the Website and in the event you do reject cookies this may impair the functionality of the Website and may mean that you are unable to shop on the Website.
- At no point do our cookies or those of our third parties store your personal payment information
Are there different types of cookies?
We have classified our cookies into two different types; First and Third party cookies. First party cookies are the cookies that Young’s Hire set to offer you a fully functional experience when shopping our site. Third party cookies are set by our business partners such as Social Media and Adobe Flashplayer, which we use to display video content.
First party cookies
Use of cookie on the Young's Hirewear website
|Name of cookie||Party||Name of cookie|
|SSID, SSLB, SSPV, SSRT, SSSC, JSESSION ID, SSOD, WCS_UNIQUE_ID, WC_SESSION_ESTABLISHED, WC_USERSESSION_50529212, WC_AUTHENTICATION_50529212, _basket||/IBM||These are cookie files placed by our website provider IBM to enable you to add to your basket, browse our website and allow us to recognise our registered users and save their basket items.|
|__UTMA, __UTMB, __UTMC, __UTMZ, s_cc, s_cm, s_cmdir, s_invisit, s_lv, s_lv_s, s_nr, s_sq, s_visitStart, s_vnum, sc_cvp55, sc_cvp56, sc_cvp58||Site Catalyst||These cookies enable the function of Site Catalyst our analytics package provided by our partner Adobe. This allows us to generate statistical information such as visitor number, browser usage, shopping journey times and responses to our marketing activities. This information helps us to track our performance and to improve your journey on our website.|
|FSR.S, FSR.R, FSR.A||Foresee||ForeSee Results is our survey provider that allows us to display a survey to our customer's to measure your satisfaction with our website. This survey also helps us to identify future ways of enhancing your shopping experience on youngshire.com.|
|DebsiPhoneAppCookie||Young’ hire||Young’s use this cookie to identify which device you are accessing our site from so that we can direct you to a better|
|bn_u, bnTrail||Baynote||Baynote is our partner supplier offering Young’s hire tailored product recommendations. This enables us to recommend other relevant and popular products to our customers on Young’s hire product pages.|
|bvgacefRatingsAndReviews||Bazaarvoice||Bazaarvoice is our partner supplier allowing Young’s Hireto offer it's customers the ability to create and share their product reviews with our other customers on our site.|
|utag_main, channel_closer, channel_flow, channel_originator||Tealium||These are the main cookies that Tealium use to identify a Visitor for AudienceStream and the Tealium Tag Management system, as well as for marketing purposes (although no personal data is taken).|
By continuing to browse our site, you consent to our placing cookies on your computer (unless you have chosen to disable them via your browser).
We respect your right to privacy and are committed to maintaining it. We only collect, store and process your personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2011.
What information might be held about me?
Information that you have provided to us including but not limited to when you:
- purchase products through the Website, over the phone, through store kiosks and/or store till points
- submit rate and reviews
- use Young's Hire applications on Facebook
- use the Young's Hire mobile shopping application
- enter competitions, prize draws or promotions which we are promoting
- sign up to marketing/newsletters including by email and SMS
- use our customer services web-chat facility
- Information you provide our partners and when you report a problem with the website.
- Information you provide to us when applying through the Website for registration, subscribing to any of our services or requesting further services.
- If you contact us for any reason, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Information we collect using cookies stored on your device. Please see the section on cookies for more information and how to manage them.
- Your IP address
- Details of your visits to the website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and other communication data and the resources, advertisements and linked sites that you access.
- Information provided to us by other companies who have obtained your permission to share information about you
Information we request and hold includes but is not limited to the following:
- Your name, age, date of birth, sex
- Billing and delivery postal addresses
- Phone and fax numbers
- Email addresses
- Usernames and passwords
- Payment card details
- Browsing and shopping activities
- Your customer queries
We, or third party data processors who act on our behalf, may use the personal data you provide us in the following manner:
To provide you with the requested goods and/or services including but not limited to processing and fulfilling your order and administering promotions such as competitions and prize draws.
- To monitor and improve the services and the Website
- To manage your marketing preferences.
- To contact you if there is a query regarding your order.
- In the event that you purchase goods on the youngshirewear' website, you may be sent an email requesting whether you would like to review your product.
- To verify your identity.
- In certain circumstances in order to process your order and to verify your identity, we may call your provided telephone number you have provided to perform security checks and to request that you verify certain information.
- Market research purposes
- To enable us to comply with any legal or regulatory requirements;
- In the detection and prevention of fraud or other crimes.
- To assist with any of your customer queries
- For research, analysis, risk management, legal, accounting, administrative, testing, monitoring and for our business operations.
- To provide an e-Receipt for a store purchase.
Unless you have not consented to, we may use your personal data in the following manner:
From time to time, to inform you by post, email, SMS or other available means, of products, services, promotions and special offers from our retail channel and Baird Group Ltd Companies.
We may disclose personal data we collect to third parties in the following manner:
- All credit/debit card holders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer and we may share your personal information with such third parties as are necessary to enable us to do such checks. The third parties, which may include credit reference agencies, may keep a record of the information provided.
- To administer your account and to disclose your details to our third party service providers for the purpose of processing and fulfilment of your order.
- We may pass your personal data to other companies to support our business operations, and or audit purposes.
- We may disclose your personal data where it is necessary to comply with any applicable law or an order of a governmental or law enforcement body.
- We may pass on non-personal aggregated information about sales and website usage to reputable organisations for research or analysis purposes only.
- We may disclose your personal information to any member of the Baird Group Ltd Companies, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
- We do pass your details to Baird Group Ltd' approved Customer Service centres, who adhere to the UK Data Protection Acts 1998, and who will use this data solely for the purpose of answering your customer service queries.
- We may pass your information to third parties in order to fulfil and/or despatch your orders. The third party provider may send marketing material within the parcel or by post after fulfilment of your order.
Transferring data internationally
By using and/or shopping on the Website you consent to the transfer of your personal data to third party data processors located in countries outside of the European Economic Area ('EEA').
Payment Card details
We process your payment card details in order to complete your purchase that you made through the Website, mobile applications and the kiosk, and may in certain instances disclose your personal data to third party credit reference agencies to perform credit checks against you.
You may opt out from any email marketing by using the unsubscribe links at the bottom of the marketing emails.
You may opt out from any SMS marketing by using the suppression codes located on the marketing text messages.
Phishing is a method used by fraudsters to deceive someone into giving sensitive information. Most of the time phishing will take the form of emails, which purport to be from well-known companies and ask recipients to send their private information. This information is then used for identity theft and fraud.
Youngs Hire will only ask you to send personal details by email if it is responding to a query you have sent it online and these details are needed to answer your query properly. In this case, there will be a unique reference number in Young's Hire' email to you, which refers to your original query. Young's Hire will never ask you to send any personal details by email unless you have contacted Youngs Hire first. If you have not contacted Youngs Hire, please ignore any email claiming to be from Young's Hire which asks for personal details, and let us know about it.
If Young's Hire ever requires your personal information other than when you have already contacted Young’s Hire with a query, for security reasons we will ask you to give us a call.
Third Party Analytics
Acceptable Use Policy
This Acceptable Use Policy sets out the terms between you and us under which you may access our website www.youngshirewear.co.uk (our Website) and applies to all users of, and visitors to, our Website, whether they have registered or not.
Your use of our Website means that you accept, and agree to abide by, all the terms and conditions in this Acceptable Use Policy, which supplement our Rules of Website Use which you can access by clicking here.
The Website is operated by ACS Clothing Ltd (we/us/our). We are a company registered in Scotland under company number SC177997 and have our registered office at ACS Clothing Ltd., Dovecote Road, Eurocentral, North Lanarkshire ML1 4GP.
1. Prohibited Uses
You may use our Website only for lawful purposes. You may not use our Website:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our Content Standards.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our Website in contravention of the provisions of our Rules of Website Use.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our Website;
- any equipment or network on which our Website is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our Website; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
2. Content Standards
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our Website (contributions).
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
3. Suspension and Termination
We will determine, at our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this Acceptable Use Policy through your use of our Website. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
Failure to comply with this Acceptable Use Policy constitutes a material breach of the Rules of Website Use upon which terms you are permitted to use our Website, and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our Website.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our Website.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this Acceptable Use Policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
4. Changes to the Acceptable Use Policy
We may revise this Acceptable Use Policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this Acceptable Use Policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our Website.